Burnie H. Dunlap
Burnie H. Dunlap
Burnie H. Dunlap has served as a director of the Bank since its formation in 2003. Mr. Dunlap serves as Chairman of the Bank's Community Reinvestment Act/Compliance Committee, and is also a member of the Loan Committee and Compensation and Governance Committee.
Until his recent retirement, Dr. Dunlap served as a director of Community and Government Relations for St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton, California. Dr. Dunlap was also an Adjunct Professor at California State University, Fullerton.
Prior to joining St. Jude Medical Center in 1997, Dr. Dunlap held executive positions with Volt Information Sciences and Brea Community Hospital. He also had an independent consulting practice that included assignments for the following:
- County of Orange - New World of Work
- City of Santa Clarita - Improving Team Performance
- Northrop - Career Transactions
Dr. Dunlap holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Human Behavior and has been involved in management consulting and planning throughout his career. He received his PhD from Newport University with a dissertation entitled "Creation of a Pseudo Corporation to Improve Employee Performance."
In addition to his professional consulting activities, Dr. Dunlap is active in a number of community and local government organizations. He served on the Brea City Council and as the Mayor of Brea for three terms.
His other numerous community involvements include:
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors, Orange County Sanitation District
- Past President, Brea Council for Excellence
- Past President, Brea Rotary Club
- Assistant Governor, Rotary District 5320
- Advisory Board Member, North Orange County Leadership Forum
- Member, Orange County Emergency Medical Care Committee
- Board Member, American Cancer Society
- Board Member, Habitat for Humanity
- Board, and Chair, Fullerton Chamber of Commerce and the Brea Chamber of Commerce
- Board, St. Jude Healthy Communities
- Chair, Los Amigos Nominating Committee, Boy Scouts of America
- Member, Citizen Advisory Committee, Orange County Transportation Authority
- Member, Bond Oversight Committee, Brea Olinda School District
- Board Member, Brea Public Safety Memorial Trust Fund
- Advisory Board, Multiple Subject Credential Program, California State University Fullerton